Atlanta Rod manufactures AL-6XN alloy hex bolts, nuts, and studs to your custom specifications, and we guarantee to meet your delivery schedule. At Atlanta Rod and Manufacturing Co., Inc. we strive to provide our customer with the most innovative and quality materials and products in the industry.
AL-6XN alloy (UNS N08367) is the most corrosion resistant iron-base austenitic stainless alloy. It is a low carbon, high purity, nitrogen-bearing “super-austenitic” stainless alloy. The AL-6XN alloy was designed to be a seawater resistant material and has since been demonstrated to be resistant to a broad range of very corrosive environments. It is readily available from stock in a wide range of product forms, including thick plate that is suitable for multi-pass welding during fabrication.
The high strength and corrosion resistance of the AL-6XN alloy make it a better choice than the conventional duplex stainless steels and a cost effective alternative to more expensive nickel-base alloys in application where excellent formability, weldability, strength and corrosion resistance are essential. AL-6XN is also a cost effective alternative to less expensive alloys, such as Type 316, that do not have the strength or corrosion resistance required to minimize life cycle costs in certain applications.
The high nickel and molybdenum contents provide improved resistance to chloride stress-corrosion cracking. Copper (Cu) has been intentionally kept to a residual level for improved performance in seawater. The high alloy composition of the AL-6XN alloy resists crevice corrosion and pitting in oxidizing chloride solutions to a degree previously achieved only by nickel-base alloys and titanium.
Applications for AL-6XN alloy:
- Chemical process tanks and pipelines
- Process systems for offshore oil and gas platforms
- Condensers, heat exchangers and piping containing seawater or crude oil
- Filter washers, vats and press rolls in pulp bleaching plants
- Power plant flue gas scrubber environments
- Tall oil distillation columns and packing
- Desalination equipment and pumps
- Service water piping systems for nuclear power plants
- Transformer cases exposed to marine environments
- Food processing equipment